VersEseal’s liquid rubber waterproof paint is an ideal solution for caravan roof waterproofing, as it is specially formulated to withstand harsh weather conditions, movement and UV exposure. With its seamless and flexible finish, VersEseal provides long-lasting protection against water damage and leaks, ensuring your caravan stays dry and protected.
The VersEseal system is perfect for waterproofing caravan roofs, motorhome roofs, RV and bus roofs and for protecting against stone chips. There are many quick-fix caravan roof sealants such as silicone which might get you out of trouble in the short term, but these struggle to hold up to the harsh Australian UV and the movement that your caravan roof is subjected to when traveling around our beautiful country.
Both VersEseal Rapid Build and VersEseal Top Coat are water based however, gloves, eye protections and overalls are recommended. Please read the full Safety Data Sheet before use.
1. Remove any old, failed sealant with a scraper, if possible. If it can’t be removed, treat the area like a gap and reinforce with geofabric as below. Do not use any other sealants prior to applying VersEseal Rapid Build. Some sealants will effect full curing of the VersEseal membrane.
2. Wash down to remove all dirt, dust and grime. A pressure washer is ideal for this. Allow to dry.
3. Lightly abrade the surface to maximise adhesion, use a medium grit sand paper. Wipe with a damp cloth to remove sanding dust.
4. Apply masking tape to give a clean edge to areas that are not to be coated. PROTIP: Remove masking tape while the coating is still wet and re-mask for each coat.
5. Prepare Geofabric to reinforce along joins, around penetrations and over old sealant. It is much easier to pre-cut geofabric to size before starting to coat the membrane.
6. Brush the first coat of VersEseal Rapid Build liquid rubber over areas that need repair or additional reinforcement. Aim for a good thick coating. Remember, you’re waterproofing, not painting – thick is good!
7. Lay geofabric bandage into the wet coating over joins and around penetrations. Ensure it is smooth with no creases or air pockets. You may need to cut a nick to allow the bandage to neatly conform to any corners or bends. If the fabric overlaps, paint some VersEseal Rapid Build liquid rubber between the layers to glue it together.
8. Immediately brush a second coat of VersEseal Rapid Build liquid rubber aiming again for another good thick coating to give a wet on wet sandwich with a total wet coating thickness of 1mm.
9. Allow the repaired area to dry. This will typically take about 4 hours at 25℃ with good ventilation.
10. The final sealing step will depend on the condition of your roof.
11. Allow the VersEseal Rapid Build membrane to dry for a minimum of 96hrs in good drying conditions (25℃ with good ventilation / breeze). If conditions are not optimal a longer drying time will be required – actual times will vary depending on season and location. If you are unsure or would like further guidance on this please give us a call.
NOTE: VersEseal Rapid Build should be applied at a minimum total wet coating of 1kg/m2. Ensure this correct coating thickness is achieved to provide longevity.
12. Using a clean brush or roller, apply the first coat of VersEseal Top Coat over the Rapid Build Waterproofing. This may show some bleed through from the black colour underneath. Allow to dry, typically this will take 2 hours at 25℃ with good ventilation.
13. Apply the second coat of VersEseal Top Coat and allow to dry. A third coat may be required depending on application technique to achieve full coverage.
14. The final product should have a DFT of 0.5mm of Top Coat on top of the VersEseal Rapid Build.
15. Allow VersEseal Top Coat to dry for 24 hours in good drying conditions (25C with good ventilation / breeze as described above)
NOTE: VersEseal Top Coat should be applied at a minimum total wet coating of 1kg/m2. Ensure this correct coating thickness is achieved to provide longevity.
Do not use this water based VOC Free coating system if rain or heavy dew are expected before fully dried. Apply at temperatures between 10℃ and 30℃. Avoid applying during the hottest part of the day.
For Cleaning up, use mineral turpentine to clean VersEseal Rapid Build from hard surfaces, use Baby Oil (Mineral oil) to clean from skin. Verseseal Top Coat can be cleaned with water.
When it comes to waterproofing your caravan or motorhome, our DIY caravan packs have everything you need to get you started! Our packs come in multiple sizes to suit everything from minor caravan or pop top roof repairs up to large RV and Fifth Wheeler roof sealing. Included in each kit are brushes, geo fabric, rollers, our VersEseal Waterproofing sealant and VersEseal Top Coat to leave your caravan with the perfect finish.
VersEseal is a trusted solution that offers exceptional waterproofing and sealing properties for caravans and mobile homes. Its versatility, durability, and compatibility with different surfaces make it an ideal choice for a wide range of applications, ensuring a watertight and protected environment for your travels.
Small Bundle – For applications up to 4m2 – Suitable for small repairs, camper trailers, small caravans
Medium Bundle – For vehicles up to 4m long (14ft) or 8m2 – Suitable for medium size Caravans
Large Bundle – For vehicles 4-6.5m long (14-23ft) or 15m2 – Suitable for Larger Caravans and motorhomes
Extra Large Bundle – For vehicles 7m+ (24ft+) or 30m2 – suitable for Large RV’s, Fifth Wheelers and buses.
Yes, we may be able to apply your VersEseal Caravan Waterproofing Kit for you. We currently have a long waitlist due to high demand, but we strive to accommodate as many customers as possible. In addition, we can also recommend local applicators experienced in using VersEseal for caravan and motorhome roof sealing who may be able to assist you in a timely manner. Please give us a call on 1300 891 576 to discuss.