VersEseal has established itself as the reliable water tank lining solution for water reservoirs throughout Australia, guaranteeing the integrity of the water supply infrastructure. Rest assured, VersEseal has been rigorously tested and approved to meet AS 4020 standard for safe potable water. Use the product the professionals use and experience peace of mind and effective waterproofing for all your water tank needs with VersEseal.
VersEseal Liquid Rubber membrane is an exceptional solution for effectively sealing water tanks. It offers a high-quality, flexible, and durable protective layer that ensures long-lasting waterproofing and prevents leaks or seepage. One notable advantage of VersEseal is its compliance with the AS4020 standard, which certifies its suitability for use in applications involving drinking water. This approval guarantees that the membrane is non-toxic, ensuring the water’s purity and making it a reliable choice for sealing water tanks intended for potable water storage. With VersEseal Liquid Rubber membrane, you can have peace of mind knowing that your water tanks are securely sealed, protecting both the water source and the environment.
Tank sealant applications for leaking tank repairs: VersEseal is highly effective in sealing leaks in water tanks, preventing further damage and ensuring proper functionality.
VersEseal Rapid Build is water based however, gloves, eye protections and overalls are recommended. Please read the full Safety Data Sheet before use.
1. Remove any old, failed sealant with a scraper, if possible. If it can’t be removed, treat the area like a gap and reinforce with geofabric as below.
2. Wash down to remove all dirt, dust and grime. A pressure washer is ideal for this. Allow to dry. The surface must have less then 10% moisture before proceeding.
3. Prepare Geofabric to reinforce along joins, around penetrations and over old sealant. It is much easier to pre-cut geofabric to size before starting to coat the membrane.
4. Brush the first coat of VersEseal Rapid Build liquid rubber over areas that need repair or additional reinforcement. Aim for a good thick coating of at least 1mm. Remember, you’re waterproofing, not painting – thick is good!
5. Lay geofabric bandage into the wet coating over joins and around penetrations. Ensure it is smooth with no creases or air pockets. You may need to cut a nick to allow the bandage to neatly conform to any corners or bends. If the fabric overlaps, paint some VersEseal Rapid Build liquid rubber between the layers to glue it together.
6. Immediately brush a second coat of VersEseal Rapid Build liquid rubber aiming again for another good thick coating of at least 1mm to give a wet on wet sandwich with a total wet coating thickness of 2mm.
7. Allow the repaired area to dry. This will typically take about 4 hours at 25℃ with good ventilation.
8. The final sealing step will depend on the condition of your tank.
9. If conditions are not optimal a longer drying time will be required – actual times will vary depending on season and location. If you are unsure or would like further guidance on this please give us a call.
VersEseal Rapid Build should be applied at a minimum total wet coating of 1kg/m2. Ensure this correct coating thickness is achieved to provide longevity.
Do not use this water based VOC Free coating system if rain or heavy dew are expected within 24hours. Apply at temperatures between 10℃ and 30℃. Avoid applying during the hottest part of the day.
For Cleaning up, use mineral turpentine to clean VersEseal Rapid Build from hard surfaces, use Baby Oil (Mineral oil) to clean from skin. Verseseal Top Coat can be cleaned with water.
VersEseal is the ultimate solution for a wide range of water tank sealing applications. Whether it’s repairing leaking tanks, fixing metal tanks, or refurbishing water tanks, VersEseal has proven to be highly effective.
The amount of VersEseal needed for your water tank sealing project depends on the surface area you need to cover. As a general guideline, it is recommended to use a minimum of 1 kilogram (kg) of VersEseal per square meter (m²) of surface area. This ensures proper coverage and an effective seal. However, please note that the specific requirements may vary based on factors such as the condition of the tank, the thickness of the application, and the extent of repairs needed. It is always advisable to give us a call to discuss your specific project requirements.
Yes, VersEseal is suitable for repairing a wide range of water tanks, including metal tanks, rainwater tanks, slimline tanks, poly tanks, and concrete tanks.
Yes, VersEseal is suitable for potable water applications and meets the requirements of Australian Standard AS4020 for products in contact with drinking water. AS4020 sets the guidelines for the testing and certification of products that come into contact with drinking water to ensure they do not impart any harmful substances or affect water quality.
VersEseal has undergone rigorous testing and has obtained certification confirming its suitability for use in potable water applications. It has been evaluated for its impact on the taste, odour, and chemical composition of the water, as well as its resistance to bacterial growth and leaching of harmful substances.
The certification ensures that VersEseal does not introduce any contaminants or compromise the safety and quality of the water stored in tanks or consumed by individuals.
When using VersEseal for potable water applications, it is essential to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines for proper application and curing. Adhering to these instructions will ensure that the VersEseal forms a reliable seal and maintains water quality standards.